Layer de la Haye is committed to developing provision for young carers and their families.
This commitment is reflected in our actions, widening our provision to build on the needs of the young people in our school community. We will continually review our provision and seek new ways to support our young carers by reflecting on our current practice and striving to make this the best it can be.
- All staff and governors are committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other pupil/students and achieve their potential, considering this vulnerable group in all action planning.
- We will appoint a designated "Young Carers’ School Lead" with responsibility for young carers and their families. Pupils and families will be made aware of the identity of this lead and how to contact them to access support.
- The school will only share information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support pupils and their families.
- We will actively seek feedback and ideas from young carers and their families to shape and improve the support we provide in school.
- We have an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carer agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.
We will strive to achieve best practice for students and families in our school in order to provide them with the best chance of success in their future.